Construction on the Imperial House apartment building began in 1959, and was completed in 1961. The 30-floor building housed 350 apartments and professional offices upon opening in 1960. The exterior of the building and it's structure was designed by architects Emery Roth & Sons. The interior and the grounds was designed by The Raymond Loewy Group. Joan Crawford lived in this apartment building from November 1968 until her death on May 10th 1977.
The Imperial House lobby (Early 1960s) along with original advertisement materials
Modern photos of the Imperial House exterior and the lobby (April 2017)